The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Nutrition & Diet

Question: Irregularity associated with diet pills

Mandi - Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:51 pm

I was taking diet pills for about 1 1/2 months and then stopped taking them. I just finished my period about two weeks ago and after I stopped taking the diet pills, I started bleeding again (for about 1 week now). Can diet pills have anything to do with that?
Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:28 pm

Mandi,
To the best of my knowledge diet pills don't interact with menstrual cycles. However, if you give me the name of the pills that you were taking I can look it up for you.

Mandi - Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:03 pm

Thanks. The name is Zantrex-3 and it's over the counter, not prescription.
Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:47 pm

It does not appear to affect menstruation.