Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: All doctors... please reply

Medic_wannabe - Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:01 pm

Could all doctors reply to this please.

Could you please keep this topic in this forum aswell as I suppose it will get more replies...

What are the disadvantages of being a doctor?

Could you please answer... would be greatly appreciated.
Dr. Russell M - Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:54 pm

Hi!

I think the advantages and disadvantages of being a doctor would vary depending upon the interests of the individual.

bill
TheShoelessWonder - Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:25 am

I agree, it completely depends upon the individual. it also depends on what type of doctor you are, where you work, and the conditions of the hospital where you work. Some doctors are on call all the time and some have normal hours and some work with surplus staff and get more time off than most. It completely depends.

There are so many different types of doctors that you really need to assess all their situations more individually. Do you know what type of doc you want to be yet? I havent decided, but I do know fairly what I'm getting into at least. are there any specific fields you would recommend yourself? hehe just curious. will check back later!

-TheShoelessWonder

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us