The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

Question: swollen cheek

leanne - Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:18 pm

Went to the dentist May 2005 then sometime this summer I woke up with a very swollen cheek. So I returned to the dentist thinking related to teeth and had xrays that found nothing. I don't remember though if xrays were done on opposite side of mouth and this is the side that I do have a tooth that I worry about. I had taken meds that I had at home from having a wisdom tooth removed that became infected. Only because she wasn't able to get me in that day. So I thought after it cleared up I thought it must have been related to a cold I had had. Now the same cheek is swollen again when I woke this morning. After doing a search what has me afraid is could this be Lupus related ? Which I have been told I do not have and don't want to think this but I don't know what is going on.
Dr. Russell M - Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:23 am

Hi!

I am not aware of swollen cheek to be primarily indicative of lupus. I would be interested in your research that indicated so.

bill