Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Eye Bubble

ASHAS - Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:05 pm

Ok I do not really know how to explain this but it has been going on almost 3 years now. I will get blurry vision a lot but it is not like I will just be sitting there and I cannot see. My eyes will be fine and then all of a suden one eye will get blurry and I will rub it and it will go away. Sometimes when I expernice this I will look in the mirror and I can atually see the goo or culmp of gel looking suff in my eyeif I pull it out it goes away but it does it at last 3 times a day in each eye. It started right after my son was born almost 3 years ago. I have been to see a nerologist because I was also having headachs and he diagnoised me with a condtion called psetdotumor cerbral I think it means fliud on the brain. I have had my eyes checked 4 months ago and everything looked ok then. I AM only 22 years of age and do not know why this is going on. Please help!
Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:59 am

I'm glad to hear you have had a recent eye exam. Since you describe a "goo or gel" like substance in your eye, have you asked your doctor about using any eye drops to see if that would help?
ASHAS - Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:03 am

Well I have not be in a couple of months but thanks for giving me the idea I will ask him about the eye drops next time.
Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:09 am

Your welcome Ashas :)
Providing you are not having any other problems, eye drops may help thin the secretions so they don't get "clumped up"

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us