Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Lazy Blind Eye

OverklockedKarma - Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:48 am

I was wondering if there were any exercises I could do with my right eye. It's legally blind and used to look inward. I had surgery when I was 5 or 6 to fix it and it now looks outward. What could I do to try and correct this? I've read some exercises that include patches, but I can only do this for short periods of time because I walk into stuff and I can't really do much without my good eye. There are a few things I can do, because I'm not completely blind, but I would ony do this sort of thing if there was any chance of it helping. Any help/suggestions?
Dr. Russell M - Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:17 am

Hi!

Your ophthalmologist would be the best person to help you with guidance for eye exercises that might be useful in your particular condition. Exercise may not benifit every case of lazy eye, and some kinds are helped by exercise and others are not. An ophthalmologist would be able to help decide on that.

bill

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us