The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Lazy Blind Eye

OverklockedKarma - Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:48 am

I was wondering if there were any exercises I could do with my right eye. It's legally blind and used to look inward. I had surgery when I was 5 or 6 to fix it and it now looks outward. What could I do to try and correct this? I've read some exercises that include patches, but I can only do this for short periods of time because I walk into stuff and I can't really do much without my good eye. There are a few things I can do, because I'm not completely blind, but I would ony do this sort of thing if there was any chance of it helping. Any help/suggestions?
Dr. Russell M - Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:17 am

Hi!

Your ophthalmologist would be the best person to help you with guidance for eye exercises that might be useful in your particular condition. Exercise may not benifit every case of lazy eye, and some kinds are helped by exercise and others are not. An ophthalmologist would be able to help decide on that.

bill