Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Sports medicine

Question: exercises for stomach

princessxali - Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:45 pm

hi there all,

I am wondering what is the best sort of exercise to get my stomach a bit flatter for the past 3 years I have been pregnant and had caesereans each time so where the scar is I have a bit of stomach that hangs over it will I ever get rid of this or should I learn to live with it?
my youngest is 15 months old now so is it safe to exercise on my stomach it still feels tender around the scar any help gratefully received.
Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:51 pm

Hi princessxali,
It is always best to begin with light exercise, avoiding crunches and situps at first. Try beginning with a light aroebic exercise. Remember, donīt jump into anything too quickly. If you begin to feel pain in your incision area, stop exercising at once. If the pain continues, be sure to let your doctor know as soon as possible.
If you all goes well then you should depend on crunches in addition to dieting. It takes time and alot of effort. But the results are always rewarding and long lasting.

Best regards,
princessxali - Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:19 pm

hi doctor
than you for replying I will try that thanks once again.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us