The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: should I seek MD?

sinphara - Wed May 14, 2003 9:51 pm

A few days ago I was using my tounge to get food from my teeth when something felt like it snapped. Shortly thereafter a lump swelled on the side of my throat that only lasted about an hour. Two days later (yesterday) the lump came back out of nowhere and has not gone away. When I talk or try to eat my thoat feels like it wants to shut. It is painful, and I have been forced to intake only liquids since yesterday. Will this go away or should I see a doctor? Any remedies to suggest? Thank you#Sinphara
Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu May 15, 2003 2:09 am

Dear Sinphara,

I think that somebody has to take a look at your throat.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge. com

Yasser Mokhtar, M. D.