Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Now this is strange!

DJMozilla - Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:06 am

Long story short I wear contacts and I'm -2. 0 in my left eye and -2. 5 in my right eye, Well this morning I wake up and I can see perfectly in my right eye with no contact in, My left eye is the same and need my contact in to see anything. Has anyone ever heard of this before?Should I go and see my optometrist?

I'm 33 yrs old btw

:)
DJMozilla - Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:08 am

I would also like to add that this happened over night and it wasn't a gradual change...One minute I'm blind as a bat next minute I have 20/20 but in only one eye.
kathokatho - Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:10 am

you may have slept in a position that compressed that eye in some way, therefore temp changing the shape of the eye. Odds are that your vision will go back to the way it was. Also, I had an uncle who had a strange syndrome where his eyes were constantly changing shape....flat to oblong....for a period of months to a year...he would be nearsited....then his vision would normalize....then revert to farsited. He goes through a lot of glasses. Best to ask your eye doctor.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us