The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Now this is strange!

DJMozilla - Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:06 am

Long story short I wear contacts and I'm -2. 0 in my left eye and -2. 5 in my right eye, Well this morning I wake up and I can see perfectly in my right eye with no contact in, My left eye is the same and need my contact in to see anything. Has anyone ever heard of this before?Should I go and see my optometrist?

I'm 33 yrs old btw

:)
DJMozilla - Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:08 am

I would also like to add that this happened over night and it wasn't a gradual change...One minute I'm blind as a bat next minute I have 20/20 but in only one eye.
kathokatho - Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:10 am

you may have slept in a position that compressed that eye in some way, therefore temp changing the shape of the eye. Odds are that your vision will go back to the way it was. Also, I had an uncle who had a strange syndrome where his eyes were constantly changing shape....flat to oblong....for a period of months to a year...he would be nearsited....then his vision would normalize....then revert to farsited. He goes through a lot of glasses. Best to ask your eye doctor.