Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Tingling in ears

boonpnutsmom - Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:23 pm

For several months now I have had tingling in left ear alone. The tingling is on the little triangle part of the ear that is connected to your face. It has since started in my right ear also. I have talked to my GP and he thought it might be nerves. I went and saw eye doctor thinking maybe something with my eyes was causing it. I am really baffled as to what it is. Does anybody have any ideas? It is very annoying and makes me dizzy at times.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help.
BOONPNUTSMOM
Dr. Russell M - Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:07 pm

Hi!

How long have you been on your medication, Zoloft? Some of your problems may be drug related. You might want to discuss this with your doctor or consult an ENT doctor.

bill
boonpnutsmom - Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:07 am

I have been on the Zoloft since August, I will check with my Doctor. Is that a side effect of the medication? Is it a harmful side effect?

Thank you
BOONPNUTSMOM
boonpnutsmom - Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:12 am

I went and saw my Doctor today, we will start weaning me off of the current dosage, he feels that in 2-3 months I should probably be able to off it completely, but for now he thinks the benfits outweigh the side effects. I don't however and I will have to deal with the problems that caused me to start taking it in the first place.
Dr. Russell M - Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:20 am

Hi!

I am in agreement with your doctor that any minor side effects the treatment might have should outweigh the benefits before deciding to stop it.

bill