Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: small cut or tear in back of throat that will not heal...

jerry buhr - Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:20 pm

I have a small tear or cut in back of throat near voicebox area or throat sphinter area that is still bleeding and will not heal. (like a cut on your knuckle) it was from a cold food supplemment pill that got stuck to side of throat as it went down. painful when it happened but not now. 4 drs. and 5 nurses say it is all different things (diverticulitis, Gastritis, etc.) but what really happened! thay have offered no fix. I have no insurance so I'm getting public care. it is hard to explain to them my problem. I've had throat doc use camera thru nose and dr. use endoscope thru mouth with upper GI. neither could see the tiny lil cut that is there cuz it still bleeds after 1. 75 years!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to locate help or understanding? I see that thrombin foam can be used for real bad bloody noses but not sure if I can use it for this? any help will be appreciated:) I have pictures of area from upper GI but it is very hard to tell if there is a tiny cut there?
Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:41 pm

Dear jerry buhr,

I would like to help, but it could be easier if you explain more what do you exactly feel, and why you think you bleed from your throat and not from any other area in the upper aero-digestive tract, like a post nasal discharge or coughed blood that is swallowed?

Why you are sure that there is a tear or cut while your doctor could not see anything even bu Endoscopy.

Do you have any other symptoms like epigastric or Chest pain under the breast bone? A possibility of GERD and esophagitis could be the cause.

Do you have recurrent infections or are you allergic to certain staff?

Do you receive any medical treatment on regular basis?

Keep me updated.