The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Becoming a Medical Student

Question: Survey:Reasons I Chose To Become A Physician

Anonymous - Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:50 am

To all doctors and pre-med students. Would you please help me in my research by replying to the one or two questions below? It would be greatly appreciated and provide future students with realistic expectations regarding the practice of Medicine in 2003. Thank You!!!! Please send responses to Sanddpm@aol. com. Feel free to request results of mini poll.

1) This question is for pre-med students and all Medical Doctors
What are or were, your reasons for wanting to become a physician? (List as many letters that apply and in order of most important)
A-independence B-high income C-respect D-power to help people E-not sure
F-other
=======
2.) These 2 questions are for Doctors who've been out of residency 3 years or less
Now that you are practicing medicine, which of the following if any, do you feel dissapointed by it's actual level of presence in the field? (List as many letters that apply and in order of most dissapointed. )
A- independence B-Income C-respect D-Power to help People E-none apply
F-other
=======
If you knew then what you know now, would you have chosen a different career path? Y N
Anonymous - Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:55 pm

1)
1-d
2-c
3-a
noura - Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:59 pm

1)
d,
c,
f: I like to work with people and hate office work
Rei - Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:37 am

1)
a
d
c
TheShoelessWonder - Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:56 am

hmm I realize this may be a little late, but I'd have to say D and F (I too love working with people and know I would abhor office work). had some issues and now must go out and do something about them in the world ^_^. I'm still in senior year of high school, but I've known where I'm going since I was a kid