The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Becoming a Medical Student

Question: Pre-Med and Choices

Anonymous - Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:33 pm

:) Hi,
I am a senior undergrad applying to med schools and writing the personal statement is driving me crazy. Is there anything you could recommend?
happylouyear - Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:53 am

I am a 4th year medical student in Montréal, Qc, Canada.

My best advice concerning your personal statement is be honest about everything you put down. Chances are you will have to discuss what you wrote in your interviews, so you better have something to say about the experiences you talk about.

Do not hesitate to talk about your accomplishments other than academics. It will show your wholeness as an individual. Talk about the volleyball team in which you've been for so long and how you exerced your leadership in that team... etc.

Most importantly, be yourself!