The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: pink eye

pokey - Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:54 pm

I was diagnosed with pink eye two weeks ago and given geramycin drops, I used them as directed, now it;s two weeks later and it's still not healed, tho it is a little better, the weird thing is that my family never caught it even tho my husband uses my pillows and towels quite often, any advice??
Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:10 pm

Hi pokey,
It's possible that you may have recontaminated your eye (and the container) if you unintentionally touched the container on the infected eye. Regardless, with the amount of time that has elapsed and you are still experiencing symptoms, you need re-evaluated.