Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Sports medicine

Question: I hit the wall with the side of elbow

ashure - Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:28 am

:( I was playing basketball went to save the ball and hit the wall with the side of elbow
I brused instantly and turend red. Then I got A EGG size lump on it. I can still bend it
but its the twisting that hurt. The part that hurts the most is on the back of the arm just above the elbow....What do you think is worng and should I go to the doctor
Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:32 pm

Hi ashure,
Bursitis of the elbow from injury usually reflects a painful lump over the tip of the elbow. Application of ice packs (on 15-20 minutes three or four times daily) elevating the arm above the level of your heart and taking Anti-inflammatory medications usually provide relief. However, I would suggest an evaluation to assure this is the only treatment necessary and no other anomalies are present.