Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Nutrition & Diet

Question: problems losing weight

missylou - Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:37 pm

I have been gaining weight rapidly after having my daughter and a tubal. I am healthy and exercise regularly. I have tried phentermine along with my diet and exercise and it did not help. I was wondering what else might be a good pill to help.
jenner - Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:40 am

If you weren't aware, phentermine is one of the ingredients that was in Fen-Phen, which is now banned... dietary supplements are largely unregulated so the lack of quality control is a major issue. I say steer clear of diet pills and supplments, and stick with what you are doing. If you are healthy AND exercising AND eating healthfully, then perhaps the weight you are currently at is your new set-point (even if it isn't quite as thin as you were before the major changes in your life and lifestyle).