Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Studying Basic Sciences

Question: life expantacy

Anonymous - Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:45 am

I have a question. I have a theory on people living betterand longer. not knowing the have a teminal disease like cancer,HIV exc. im looking for an article on this subject. if any one could help me out on this issue. I think that people that find out the are teminally ill. their condition accelerates due to the psychological impact they get when they do find out. if any one is aware of an article on this subject can the let me know where I can find such information.
PAXILHEAD - Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:54 pm

It's like Lung cancer, they don't die from the cigarrettes, they die from guilt...

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us