The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: spot in the back of throat

katem20blue - Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:59 pm

I have a small spot in the back of my throat which comes and goes, somtimes it comes up quite big (it feels big) and sometimes it goes down altogether, it is not very painful just really anoying as I can feel it wih the back of my tounge and it feels weird when I eat, it seems to re-apear in exactly the same place every time its on the left hand side on the edge of the ridge at the back of the mouth and is a pinky colour but when inflamed goes red (I have had a tonsillectomy) does anyone have any ideas as to what this is?
:(
Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:28 am

Hi katem20blue,
Your description doesn't sound as though it is infection related but more like irritation or allergy related. However, you may want to discuss this with your physician for an evaluation, and any suggested treatment to alleviate the episodes.