Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

Question: Inner right cheek irritation, stiffness

Orc - Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:03 am

Hello

Iím a 23 year old male without any real bad habits (IE Smoking, drinking) and for the past several weeks Iíve been having an odd sensation on the inside of my right cheek. For awhile the skin inside my cheek felt raised, with a really intense coppery taste. Thatís calmed a little, but it still feels Ďweirdí and sometimes the coppery taste goes away but comes back after eating or rubbing the area with my tongue. Sometimes it also feels a bit stiff, I can move it easily enough but the area just feels stiffer on the skin, but when I move it goes away for awhile. Other times it has a rather annoying Ďstingingí pain sensation, not really terribly painful just really annoying. Iíve looked several times and canít find anything different in comparison to my other cheek, other then the skin looks slightly more Ďwrinkledí like the skin of your fingers would look after too much time in the water.

I went to see the dentist for a cleaning little over a week ago and she said she didnít see anything unusual and that I may have just bit my cheek. But Iíve bit my cheek before and I canít recall the symptoms lasting this long or being this irritating. Iím really scared it might be something serious, though I may be panicking over nothing Iíd really rather be sure what it is and what I could do to help it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Orc - Mon May 02, 2005 9:36 pm

well, it's still irritating me...I don't know what it is, I thought it might be a canker sore but I read up on those a little and the symptoms didn't really match, least the visual. The skin little all rippled and somewhat 'cracked' almost but the edges are smooth. It's really worrying me I don't know what it could be but it burns and stings sometimes and as careful as I am brushing and eating it doesn't seem to want to go away :(