Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Dark Shadow Arround My Lip

johndoe - Sun May 01, 2005 7:08 pm

I went to NY on vacation not too long ago and it was very cold. On night I felt my lip burning very bad when I was in the cold. The next day it was very choppy and dry. After a while the pain went away but a dark ring showed up arround my lip. After a while the ring got a little lighter but its still there. Its has been there for about 2 months now and it doesn't seem like its going away. It is very embarrassing. What do I do to get rind of this dark shadow ring arround my lips?
Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon May 02, 2005 8:41 pm

johndoe,
It would be impossible for me to assess the significance of your symptoms over the internet. I would advise you to get an appointment with your doctor and have him check it out.
Best regards,

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us