Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Dark Shadow Arround My Lip

johndoe - Sun May 01, 2005 7:08 pm

I went to NY on vacation not too long ago and it was very cold. On night I felt my lip burning very bad when I was in the cold. The next day it was very choppy and dry. After a while the pain went away but a dark ring showed up arround my lip. After a while the ring got a little lighter but its still there. Its has been there for about 2 months now and it doesn't seem like its going away. It is very embarrassing. What do I do to get rind of this dark shadow ring arround my lips?
Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon May 02, 2005 8:41 pm

johndoe,
It would be impossible for me to assess the significance of your symptoms over the internet. I would advise you to get an appointment with your doctor and have him check it out.