Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Becoming a Medical Student

Question: I would like to become an ER Doctor or a Veterinarian

Tf888tkm - Tue May 17, 2005 2:25 pm

Hello Ladies and Gentalmen:
I would like to become either an ER doctor or a veterinarian. I can't decide right now. But I do volunteer at a vet clinic regularly and I'm going to do clinical rotation and EMT my senior year of high school, which is in the fall. I would liek to know what else can I do now to start getting prepared for that career. I am also learning my medical terminology and anatomy and phsyiology. School year is almost over and I'm starting my senior year soon. I would like to go to Texas A&M either way I go; ER Doctor or Vet.
Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue May 17, 2005 8:58 pm

Way to go 8) ...you are doing a great job doing what you do... you are on the right track.. there is nothing more you can do while you are at senior year high school... attending ER several times with may be doctors/friends can give you an idea on how an ER doctor can be like....u should take full shifts with them and attend their meetings...

being an ER doctor is very stressful but it has a wonderful phsycological feedback...especially when you're good at it and helping a lot of people with your skills.. anyone can be a doctor....but few who become pioneer in it :wink: or even do it well :!:

it's a good thing you're reading medical terminology , anatomy and physiology... these are the basics... by which you can at least understand what's going on in the ER while you are there.... then you can learn new stuff and go back to read about it, ok?

keep up the good work,
best regards,