Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Becoming a Medical Student

Question: Is Physics useful?

med-geek - Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:44 pm

I'm a Canadian high school student that is extremely interested in medicine. I know I need Physics to enter University and eventually med school but is it vital to becoming a doctor??

Thanks
Kirsty_Oz - Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:01 pm

I am from australia and it is a pre-requisite here.
as far as I am aware, physics is rarely used in the study of medicine, however it represents the ability of higher level thinking, practical application and problem solving. all essential in the study of medicine.

good luck with your studies.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us