Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Hello, I feel an irritation in my throat for weeks

HealthLover - Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:40 pm

I feel this irritation in my throat for about 3 weeks now, my docters say it's mucus stuck in my throat. It all started when I was biting my pencil and it swalled a little piece of the wood. It made the wood flavour in my throat and through out the week I lost the flavour in my throat but it feels like something is stuck in it. My docter gave me pills to help the mucus in my throat. I finished it a week ago and I still have it, How long does it ususally take to recover something like this?
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:40 pm

If you feel that something is stuck in your throat, you should see an ENT just to be safe.