Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Throat/Mouth Problem

bp_hall - Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:15 pm

Lately I've been feeling like I have something stuck in the back of my mouth/throat near my tonsels. Kind of feels like something is stuck back there and I seem to be trying to clear my throat a lot. I've looked in the mirror with a flashlight a few times but haven't seen anything nor would I really know what to look for. It also feels like I might be getting a sore throat but I'm unsure. Anyone ever get that feeling of a lump in your throat after watching a sad movie? Thats what I've been feeling for about 5 days now.

Any Ideas?
medicalman - Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:31 am

Globus is the condition that you are describing. It could be associated with a sore throat ... and there could be pharyngeal and esophageal problems that could cause it. I would suggest that you see your doctor if this persists or becomes worse in a weeks time.
Hope this helps

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us