Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Throat/Mouth Problem

bp_hall - Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:15 pm

Lately I've been feeling like I have something stuck in the back of my mouth/throat near my tonsels. Kind of feels like something is stuck back there and I seem to be trying to clear my throat a lot. I've looked in the mirror with a flashlight a few times but haven't seen anything nor would I really know what to look for. It also feels like I might be getting a sore throat but I'm unsure. Anyone ever get that feeling of a lump in your throat after watching a sad movie? Thats what I've been feeling for about 5 days now.

Any Ideas?
medicalman - Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:31 am

Globus is the condition that you are describing. It could be associated with a sore throat ... and there could be pharyngeal and esophageal problems that could cause it. I would suggest that you see your doctor if this persists or becomes worse in a weeks time.
Hope this helps