Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Nutrition & Diet

Question: My BMI is 43 nothing improves it

greathead - Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:41 pm

I really want to get my health back I am 24, 5'2 and weigh 243 lbs my bmi is 43. 1 which is very bad I have tried all the diets on the market, I have even tried perscribed medication from my doctor, but nothing seems to work. I have put on 84 lbs in the last 5 years can any one suggest any thing :?
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:06 pm

I'm sure you have been told this numerous times by health professionals, but get cleared for an exercise program and consult a nutritionist to learn how to eat healthily. Fad diets never have, and never will be successful.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us