Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Weird ear wax type thing

RadCat - Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:48 pm

I noticed all of today that my ears have been forming a weird wax (I think) outside of my left ear (at the bottom of the ear), it sort of feels like bleeding and hurts if I touch it when wet, but it's not visable at all, and isn't blood, and it's like it bleeds all the time, unless if I leave it to dry, and once it is dry, it looks like wax has dried onto my ear.

Starting to annoy me now..

Thanks
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:14 am

Do you have Itching associated with it?
RadCat - Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:19 am

Ilovepatients wrote:
Do you have Itching associated with it?
Nope
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:05 pm

OK, I was thinking excema, you can have it in your ears, too, but it's not. See your doctor, or ENT, because it is definitely not normal.
RadCat - Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:29 pm

Ilovepatients wrote:
OK, I was thinking excema, you can have it in your ears, too, but it's not. See your doctor, or ENT, because it is definitely not normal.

OK, thanks.

Will make an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Could you make a guess what it could be? I've guessed it's some sort of infection. I don't mind if your wrong or right, I'd just like to have an idea what it 'possibly' could be.

Cheers.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us