Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Weird ear wax type thing

RadCat - Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:48 pm

I noticed all of today that my ears have been forming a weird wax (I think) outside of my left ear (at the bottom of the ear), it sort of feels like bleeding and hurts if I touch it when wet, but it's not visable at all, and isn't blood, and it's like it bleeds all the time, unless if I leave it to dry, and once it is dry, it looks like wax has dried onto my ear.

Starting to annoy me now..

Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:14 am

Do you have Itching associated with it?
RadCat - Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:19 am

Ilovepatients wrote:
Do you have Itching associated with it?
Nope
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:05 pm

OK, I was thinking excema, you can have it in your ears, too, but it's not. See your doctor, or ENT, because it is definitely not normal.
RadCat - Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:29 pm

Ilovepatients wrote:

OK, thanks.

Will make an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Could you make a guess what it could be? I've guessed it's some sort of infection. I don't mind if your wrong or right, I'd just like to have an idea what it 'possibly' could be.

Cheers.