The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Nutrition & Diet

Question: Right Size Smoothie

Glenn - Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:47 pm

Has anyone tried the right size smoothie? If so has is worked?
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:31 pm

I know you do not want to hear this, but it will not work in the long run. You still have to eat healthy even with the smoothie, you have to buy the supplements for appetite control (it's not in the smoothie). These are full of caffeine (green tea, guarana, etc.)

It won't work because you can't just replace meals with a shake and lose weight. If you lose any, it won't stay off, that's why people who try these things (fad diets) are still overweight, or gain it all back. Also, you can't stay on fad diets the rest of your life. Do you really see yourself 5-10 years or more still living on smoothies?

You cannot lose weight effectively and permanently without smaller portions of healthy food, no junk and EXERCISE! (as long as you are cleared by your doctor). If you do not adopt this healthy lifestyle, you will spend your entire life looking for that perfect diet.

I hope you take my advice and be well. :D

Shannon