The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Sports medicine

Question: Injured Testicle---will it go away???

jsnone1 - Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:56 pm

I rode my first wheelie on my new motorcycle, when I came down I smashed my right testicle against the gas tank, immediate pain, then it kinda went away, then an hour later I noticed swelling, it has swollen to about the size of a kiwi, it has now been almost 24 hours and it does not seem that the swelling has went down.
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:46 pm

Go to the ER now, if you haven't.
jsnone1 - Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:40 am

I went to the Urgent care Sunday after work, they inspected mt testicle and told me to wear a jock strap, and gave me Tylenol 3 for the pain, I got the jock strap that night, it seemed to hurt more with it on, but I wore it, the pain pills are working good, but I think it has actually gotten a little bigger, the skin of my scrotum on that side is also thick and hard, the other side is normal.....$50 a pop to go back.....any advice is appreciated!!!!!!
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:55 am

I'm concerned that it is still swelling; you should call the clinic and tell them about this. Did they suggest icing it? Did they tell you to call if it got worse?