Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Sports medicine

Question: Injured Testicle---will it go away???

jsnone1 - Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:56 pm

I rode my first wheelie on my new motorcycle, when I came down I smashed my right testicle against the gas tank, immediate pain, then it kinda went away, then an hour later I noticed swelling, it has swollen to about the size of a kiwi, it has now been almost 24 hours and it does not seem that the swelling has went down.
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:46 pm

Go to the ER now, if you haven't.
jsnone1 - Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:40 am

I went to the Urgent care Sunday after work, they inspected mt testicle and told me to wear a jock strap, and gave me Tylenol 3 for the pain, I got the jock strap that night, it seemed to hurt more with it on, but I wore it, the pain pills are working good, but I think it has actually gotten a little bigger, the skin of my scrotum on that side is also thick and hard, the other side is normal.....$50 a pop to go back.....any advice is appreciated!!!!!!
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:55 am

I'm concerned that it is still swelling; you should call the clinic and tell them about this. Did they suggest icing it? Did they tell you to call if it got worse?

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us