The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Ringing in ears

tds108 - Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:05 pm

I'm 19/male, and I've been getting ringing in my ears for a while now. I used to only hear it when I went to bed, and there was silence, but iIn the last few days I've been able to hear it all day. It is not that loud, but other sounds don't drain it out - I just hear the ringing (like the buzzing noise a TV makes) over and above.

These is a relatively recent problem (last 6-9 months), and I can't think of any cases of exposure to loud noise, etc.

I have had "train track" braces since November, with the purpose of preparing my teeth for an operation to correct my overbite. I have read that people with lower jaw problems may experience ringing ears, since the jawbone is connected to the earbone. Is it possible that it is the braces moving my teeth that is causing this noise?
JBrown - Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:02 pm

Hi tds108

It sounds like you have a bac case of tinitus. I am not sure about the jaw thing. Did you have problems with your ears when you were young? Is there any pressure around your face if you move your eyes is there a pain behind them?