Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Pain in Ears causing dizzyness?? getting bad help

relax - Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:00 am

Hi just wanted to know if maybe having a ear infection could make u get sometimes really dizzy? I don't think I have one because my ear stopped hurting about a week ago but I have been getting these points in the day whe n I get really dizzy like I might switch from the computer to the t. v. and just have to stop and slow down for a sec cuz I feel so dizzy. Also right now I am kinda feeling dizzy. LAst night it when I was in my bed it felt like the floor under my legs was moving or skakin and iwas feelin kinda dizzy. if this is caused by my ears how would be a good way to clean my ears, from anything. I do clean it with cutips once in a while after the shower but I do admit I forgot im 15 years old no illnesses in the past of any sort my mom has Anemia and my grandma has Diabetes is the only bad things in my family that I know. Please help this lightheadedness or dizzyness is driving me crazy, also 1 more thing its almost like its from focusing on something for a long time that this might happen and then switching to another thing real quickly. I appreciate the help thank you.
Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi relax,
The semicircular canals in the inner ear controls balance or equilibrium. Any disruption of the inner ear such as by infection would disrupt balance.