Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Becoming a Medical Student

Question: What are all the possible jobs I can have?

8Liter - Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:43 am

Soon will be going into my first year of Med School (undergrad in Mechanical Engineering). And was sort of at a crossroads. I can either go for my M. D. or an MBA. With an MBA I sort have an idea of what will happen/ what kind of job I'll get, but if I go for the M. D. I have no idea what I will want to do.

With my MBA I will easily make 200k+ in a few years, and probibly similar depending on the speciality of the M. D. I decide to get. So could someone please list for me all the possible careers I have a choice of with a Doctrate? Thanks
MaximLA - Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:08 am

Hi im interested in finding out how much you have to work as an MD and if its possible to work as a normal steady job of 9-5 or something like that, because I want to become a doctor but im not sure if im willing to sacrifice my family life for it, a problem I hear from a lot of ppl!!!!!!!!