Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Becoming a Medical Student

Question: What are all the possible jobs I can have?

8Liter - Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:43 am

Soon will be going into my first year of Med School (undergrad in Mechanical Engineering). And was sort of at a crossroads. I can either go for my M. D. or an MBA. With an MBA I sort have an idea of what will happen/ what kind of job I'll get, but if I go for the M. D. I have no idea what I will want to do.

With my MBA I will easily make 200k+ in a few years, and probibly similar depending on the speciality of the M. D. I decide to get. So could someone please list for me all the possible careers I have a choice of with a Doctrate? Thanks
MaximLA - Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:08 am

Hi im interested in finding out how much you have to work as an MD and if its possible to work as a normal steady job of 9-5 or something like that, because I want to become a doctor but im not sure if im willing to sacrifice my family life for it, a problem I hear from a lot of ppl!!!!!!!!

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us