Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: worried about a constant sore throat

HurtInMyThroat - Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:16 am

I've been experiencing sore throats for almost a year now. It would go away for a week here and there but it's basically almost always sore. I get up in the morning and it hurts. recently I've started getting sore throats where it feels like I have a painful lump on the left side of my throat. hurts just swallowing. It's worse in the morning and at night. breathing in deeply hurts. My voice is getting scratchy. I don't have a Fever with the sore throats or lump. I am a smoker. Now, I'm only 24 years old and I'm getting really worried. I don't want it to be cancer what I'd like to know is there anything else this could be and whether it's even likely that at my age I could be experiencing something cancerous. I've also talked to my doctor about my sore throat several times and she doesn't seem to think that it's anything to worry about so I haven't seen her about the lump feeling yet.
sthroat - Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:16 pm

Hi

did you get this resolved? I have exactly the same symptoms for the past 8 weeks and have seen a specialist but noone can find anything!
sorethroat - Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:24 pm

Same here, I am a smoker too. I think that maybe my throat won't heal becasue of smoking. I quit smoking a week ago, so hopefully this eventually heals...I am 20 years old by the way
dominodragon - Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:11 am

Same thing. Sore throat 6 months. Doctors can't find anything wrong. Antibiotics don't help. 26 years old though I've never smoked.
dominodragon - Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:26 am

A few more things: My tongue is also a yellow/orange color most of the time, I have no other symptoms at all, though rinsing and gargling with ACT antibacterial mouthwash has helped, but it keeps coming back once I stop rinsing. Hope it helps till we get a diagnosis.