Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Becoming a Medical Student

Question: Job Security

med-geek - Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:14 am

From what I've been reading, it seems that almost everyone wants to go into emergency medicine. The question that I have is, are there too many doctors in the working world (or training to be)? If I do become an ER doc, will there be room for me??
Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:05 pm

Dear med-geek,

There is always a room for new doctors or else the medical colleges would be shut :) . It depends on the hospitals in your surrounding area and after all, it depends on how good you are so that they'd ask for you :wink: ....you have to train well and build up your qualifications .

Best wishes,