Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Becoming a Medical Student

Question: NEED To Be A DOCTOR! PLEASE HELP!

DrNyC - Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:48 am

Since I entered High School I have been considering becoming a Doctor. I am very serious about it and I am doing many things to make it possible. The school I am in is a vocational school and I am in the health program there. I have volunteered at Hospitals and I do very well in school......basically A's and B's.....But I wanted to know if Medical School is time consuming as well as Pre Med School. This is because I am a religous person....Jehovah's Witness........and I want to know if I can go to school and still go to church 3 days a week in the evening..........please help me because I really want to be a doctor, it is my calling, I guess you can say....Is there anything I can do in my junior year to help me prepare for this?
happylouyear - Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:11 am

Hello!
I am currently a 4th year medical student.
you seem to be doing a good job. You have to do well in school, as grades are usually the first criteria the schools use to select students for interviews.
Then, I think most schools are looking for people who live a well balanced life and that are involved in their community. So the volunteering that you do shows your interest in the well being of others.
Then, do not hesitate to explore other interests that you have and to get involved in committees, sports, teams, clubs, etc.

Good luck!
surae - Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:22 am

Hai my dear friend,

iam happy to see your mail & query, I had been to your church & I love the worship of yours,
I took baptism in your church only,
aae guy ,what u have to do is take a good persentage in your hr sec/pre degree,

as I advice you to appy your application in christian medical college ,vellore, in s. india,
I too studied in tghis college, you will be a schollar in your carrier ,spritually, and u will be moulded as a man

good luck