Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Becoming a Medical Student

Question: Info on becoming a doctor

emergencyroomdoc - Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:23 am

Hi everyone, I was wondering what courses do I need to take if I major to be an ER doctor and minor in Psychology? How long do you think it will take until I get paid? I'd appreciate any information. Well, have a great day and God Bless!

~Brandy
Dr. Jeffrey Gordon - Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:30 pm

It is good hear that someone wants to become a doctor. I am not an emergency room physician, so I do not know first-hand what is needed or required to apply to such a training program. In general, to apply to a medical school, one needs to complete all of the require pre-med courses at an university or college. Once in medical school, then the basic curriculum is needed. You may want to talk with emergency room doctors to learn more specifics.

Jeffrey A. Gordon, M. D.