The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: What else can I do?

laura - Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:41 pm

Hello again,

Thank u for helping so much in my previous inquiries...I was writing again because of the following:

I went to the doctor three weeks ago with a sore throat - very painful! ...they did a throat culture & sent me back home .... no one ever called back, so I assumed it was just a viral infection. About a week later, I ended up in Urgent Care with a high Fever & was prescribed Antibiotics for my "Strep Throat"....This is what I was wondering about, I usually get a bad case of strep, at least once a year....but I think what I have is Scarred Tonsilitis....ever since I was little they will get so swollen even to swallow my own saliva would hurt like if I was swallowing glass....and I have seen the simptoms of such conditions and most apply to me.

For the last three years it gets so bad, with Fever, weakness, Nausea, & Headache....and after the infection is gone, I still end up with a bad Cough that lasts for weeks!...and feel tired all the time......this last time I couldn't even walk or get up from bed. WHy won't the doctor want to remove them?? I was scheduled for surgery when I was little once, but it got cancelled. I am just tired of them :(

I finished my antiobitics, and two days later my throat started hurting again....

Also, this does not relate, but I have bruises all over my body - big Purple & green bruises on my legs, & arms & hands.....All my blood tests came out normal, but the bruises are big & they hurt, and my mom is worried.... should I go for any specific test??

Thank u very much again for all your help.

Laura
Dr. Russell M - Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:30 pm

Hi!

Do you have swelling or edema of face/limbs? Did your blood tests include the renal parameters like BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) and Serum Creatinine? Have you had a urinalysis?

bill