The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Primary Care Answers List

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: One eye dilated

Subla - Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:04 pm

Over the past week I have noticed twice my left eye dilated more than the right one. Both times I have had a migraine. The 1st time the migraine was on the left side of my head and today the right side. I took a Zomig to take the Headache away and have just noticed the pupil is back to normal as well. I went to the optomotrist 2 wks aga and learned that my eyesight has gotten worse (prescription doubled in 1 year). Should I be concerned?
Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:04 pm

Dear Subla,

I think that the pupil change that you see while having the migraine attack is most probably related to the migraine itself. You have to report this to your neurologist.

About the decline in your vision, you have to ask your ophtalmologist about the expected decline in your vision and whether this is something unexpected that you should (and your doctor of course) should be worrying about.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge. com and I hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M. D.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us