Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: How do you make it stop!!!!

faith460 - Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:05 pm

I am a 22 yearold female, and hope for better things in the future. I can trust you because I don't know you and the same for you not knowing me. I need help, but don't know where to turn or who to trust, for I don't want to end up in a rehab with a bunch of nuts. I'm sure that you can understand. I will get right to the point for you....I have thoughts, bad ones, and fear of one day them taking over, even though I'm truely not that type of person. I will look at something, for instence a simple pencil, it is so fragile and plain, yet I can imagine in my mind of how I could use it to hurt someone, even myself. I don't like these thoughts but they happen all the time. I want to stop it and get on with mylife, but it's very hard. I can't go out to dinner because of thinking I may pick up the fork and jab it into someone eye and twist it around. I carry these thoughts with me every day...what am I to do????? how do you make it stop??? I'm a very gentle person and wouldn't hurt anyone, or so I hope.....but they get more and more frequent. I don't want to do anything anymore. PLEASE HELP ME!!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:45 pm

User avatar You need to see a psychiatrist immediately.
Tell your parents, or a close friend, and get help.
Go to the emergency room and get admitted to the psych ward if you cannot make an appointment with a doctor right away.
You do not want to hurt yourself or anyone else.
 flowstate - Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:04 pm

Read up on the symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It seems pretty clear to me that that might be the trouble you're having.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us