Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: something keeping me from doing everything

Fox - Mon May 10, 2004 10:48 pm

ok i um have this problem to where if i go anywhere or even think im going somewhere i get sick .... becasue of this i cant work at least not for long my constant puking gets me fired .... i cant go out with my family ... i cant go anywhere or do anything with my girlfriend .... it dosent matter where i go or what im doing i get sick .... i start off by deep coughs and they get worse and worse (i have a sore throat alot because of this) and eventually i end up in puking i have tried taking meds like zoloft and valume a few others i cant remember .... i have been to 3-4 doctors and they have tried almost everything they can i think one of which ive been going to since i was 2-3 .... i have tried herbal meds and everything .... the only thing i havent done is go to a shrink .... if i cant find an answer here thats my next stop
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue May 11, 2004 3:43 pm

User avatar I agree with you Fox. A psychiatrist would be best to evaluate your problem. He may also be better at diagnosing an organic (nonpsychiatric) cause for this.
Click here for a list of the common causes for: vomiting.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us