Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: regarding zoloft

Michaela521 - Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:31 pm

Hello I need some help regarding me taking zoloft in the capsule form. When I swallow the capsule my stomach really starts hurting about 45 minutes to 1 hour latter and lasts for a good time. Do you know why this is happening? Could I perhaps avoid this pain by emptying the contents of the capsule in water and drinking the powder but discarding the capsule that the powder is in? Thank you
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:36 am

User avatar Hi Michaela521,
Zoloft may be taken with or without food but if stomach irritation occurs when taken without food you may want to try and eat when you take it. One of the possible side effects of this medication is abdominal pain. Be sure to mention this to your physician. Capsules should not be broken open.