Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: depression escalating quickly

marytp - Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:27 am

I am 35y/o female mother of a 2 and a 4 year old.
I have Multiple Sclerosis,. Rheumatoid Arthritis and according to my neurologist ( MS specialist) it is very probable I have another autoimmune disease.
I take 100mg Zoloft
200mg Provigil
topomax
Baclofen
and others...

I have gained 45 lbs from steroid tratments over the last year
I am now afraid of doctors. I can talk to them on the phone, but i get anxiety/panic attaks even thinking about going to appointments. I no longer wast to leave my house. I am really really scared. I have not been to a dr since last year and I have just put up with my symptoms. It is literally a knot in my stomach and i feel physically sick.and have anxiety attacks wheni think about a DR.

All of my symptoms are really bad but i cannot bring myself to go see someone I have withdrawm from everyone and personally. I quit a job ive had for 15 years.]]

I am scared and i don't know what to do. I havent seen a dr in almost a year.

Any advice i would appreciate
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:47 am

User avatar Hi marytp,
I would strongly encourage you to have a family member or friend accompany you to a physician for an evaluation. Consider doing this for yourself and your family. I am sure that they would want what's best for you and for you to receive appropriate care.