Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: Can psychological problems manifest themselves physically?

Imi18 - Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:13 pm

Specifically, can this: https://www.doctorslounge.com/forums/vie ... 9508#39508 be the product of psychological trauma? It is a question I asked on the dermatology forum. Both of those breakouts happened around the times of severe stress.
All I would need to know is, is it possible for psychological problems to manifest them physically, and so severely?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:35 pm

User avatar Psychiatric problems can most definitely manifest themselves with physical symptoms. This is well described.

I've read through your other post as well. While stress may reduce the ability of the body to heal itself, I am less apt to think that stress would be producing the symptoms you describe in your post. I think this is much more likely to be a non-psychological issue.