Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Zoloft

Hegenbart5 - Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:23 am

I am a 24/f. I was taking Zoloft 50mg for the past 2 years. I went off of them a few months back and ever since than, I have had abnormal periods and a hormonal imbalance. Was wondering if the 2 could be connected? Can stopping Zoloft do this?
 Dr. K. Eisele - Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:05 pm

User avatar Hegenbart5:

Zoloft is not known to cause these kinds of problems either while taking it or after discontinuation.

If you haven't seen your doctor already, I think this would be a good time to do so.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us