Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: Physical and Psychological affect of rape victim

Minh Nhat - Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:05 pm

I've come over a case which I cannot resolve.... I would be grateful for some advice and scientific proof if possible ...Thank you.

A asian 23 yrs old lady claimed that she was raped when she was only about 8 years old by a 21yrs old .... Despite the fact that she was the only child yet her mother didn't notice anything until her strict parent bid her from seeing her boyfriend that she told them... They are now planning on her marriage next year.....

My argument is that is it possible for a 21 yrs old to rape an 8 yrs old without any injury? And psychologically is it possible for her to get on with her love life unaffected?
 DeLWolcott - Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:47 pm

No, it is not possible for injury to not occur during rape between 21 year old and 8 year old, but the injuries could be hidden. If the daughter did not tell, the mother either may not have seen the injuries if the daughter was bathing herself - or the mother may have attributed any obvious injuries as childhood accidents or yeast infection.

Even if no physical damage was done the psychological and emotional damage will still be there, somewhere, and could emerge at any moment.