Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: What medication was I given?

saraholly818 - Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:47 pm

While getting stitches in the ER, the doctor wanted to give me Ativan to help me calm down. I had taken Ativan twice before and vomited both times, so she gave me something else. It was an injection into my arm muscle and I think it started with an "f" or maybe "ph"- does anyone know what that could be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:26 pm

User avatar Hi Saraholly818,

I can't be sure but it may have been a medication called fentanyl. This is a fast acting narcotic that also typically gives a little sleepiness as well.

Other than this medicine I cannot think of what it may have been.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us