Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: was it a panic attack?

sop22 - Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:20 am

something weird just happened. i was just sat watching tv and realised i felt a bit weak, you know a bit of a funny leg feeling, i though i better go make some lunch, whilst i was making lunch got this intense heat, like my chest was on fire, the heat coming off me must have been like i furnace it was unbearable, and i felt weak and dizzy. i have started with a cold and sore throat today too. and ive had that heat feeling once before when i thought it was a panic attack. but i see no reason as to why i would panic, i was just watching telly. so i took my tem, it was 36 - fine, and my BP which was 141/67 - weirdly as my bp hasnt been in the 60s for months, so i didnt wonder if me eating had brought my bp back up but before that if it hadnt been really low? and could that cause it? im grasping at straws here. i was really scared but eating helped and i calmed myself now i think i feel a bit off, now ive cooled down im cold and when i walk around my legs feel wobbly but sitting im ok. any help anyone? im in on my own and scaredddd.

the other time i got that intense heat my heart was pounding and i felt sick, but i didnt get this this time, i find that odd?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:18 am

User avatar Hi Sop22,

Your symptoms may be from a panic attack although the description really doesn't make me think this is what was going on.

Hypotension certainly can cause some of these symptoms. I would recommend that you see your doctor for a full evaluation. Monitoring your blood pressure may also be helpful so your doctor can have a few different measurements to look at.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us