Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: was it a panic attack?

sop22 - Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:20 am

something weird just happened. i was just sat watching tv and realised i felt a bit weak, you know a bit of a funny leg feeling, i though i better go make some lunch, whilst i was making lunch got this intense heat, like my chest was on fire, the heat coming off me must have been like i furnace it was unbearable, and i felt weak and dizzy. i have started with a cold and sore throat today too. and ive had that heat feeling once before when i thought it was a panic attack. but i see no reason as to why i would panic, i was just watching telly. so i took my tem, it was 36 - fine, and my BP which was 141/67 - weirdly as my bp hasnt been in the 60s for months, so i didnt wonder if me eating had brought my bp back up but before that if it hadnt been really low? and could that cause it? im grasping at straws here. i was really scared but eating helped and i calmed myself now i think i feel a bit off, now ive cooled down im cold and when i walk around my legs feel wobbly but sitting im ok. any help anyone? im in on my own and scaredddd.

the other time i got that intense heat my heart was pounding and i felt sick, but i didnt get this this time, i find that odd?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:18 am

User avatar Hi Sop22,

Your symptoms may be from a panic attack although the description really doesn't make me think this is what was going on.

Hypotension certainly can cause some of these symptoms. I would recommend that you see your doctor for a full evaluation. Monitoring your blood pressure may also be helpful so your doctor can have a few different measurements to look at.