Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: I just want to feel good.

kabeebabee - Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:50 am

To start off ill give you a brief medical history. I'm 29 year old female. Have had hypertension, high cgolesterol and diabetes for almost 2 years, all under control with diet and medication. I weigh 235 lbs adn have weighed this amount for over a year now. Have tried to lose weight continuously but fail. Had a tubal ligation in 2000, c-section in 2000, and c-section 1998. My mother had triple bypass at age of 44.
For the past year i have been very fatigued, i cant sleep, i go to bed at a normal time but just lay there for hours trying to go to sleep, and when i do fall asleep, i wake up every half an hour. I have no energy at all, this is a big problem, it affects my life in every way. I also take effexor, in 1998 i started on prozac and have just about everythin gfor depression finally stopping at the effexor, which i have been on for about 2 years. It really helps with my anxiety, along with the depression. Doctor gave me klonipins to help with my anxiety in the evenings and to help me sleep, i don't really like taking the klonipins so i only take when i feel i really need it. I had 2 previous suicide attempts at age 19 and 20. I am not contemplating suicide, i have 2 children now and they aare my life. But, the depression is still there.
for about a year now my periods have become so unbearable, my dr gave me ultram for the pain. I cramp all through the month. I don't start at the same time every month, i cant time them, they just seem to come when they want. When i do start, i bleed alot, and cramp alot. my cycle lasts 7 days. I cramp every day and my heaviest bleeding is the first 2 and last 2 days usually, i often bleed through my clothes, i bleed big clots of blood. I have been to my doctor about this and hes done test after test, just had another thyroid test done and he saiid everything was normal. I am also constantly hot, hot to the touch and i can have my air on 65 degrees before im cold and everyone else is freezing. I sweat alot. This past month my face has been breaking out bad. I have never had a problem with acne.
My questions are, do u think my fatigue has something to do with my menstral cyle?
could i be perimenopausal with a tsh test being normal?
I just feel like ive done everythin, im tired of being tired. I fight to get out of bed in the morning.

I aslo have had alot of stress in the past year, 6 year old hospitalized with hip infection in feb. 2003 adn 4 year hit by truck in oct of 2003, adn having muscfle, tendon, and skins graphs being done on her foot. with more surgery to come. I havent worked since feb, 2003, so i also have the added stress of my bills adn supporting my children on my mind.

i could use some insight.

Thannks
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:10 pm

User avatar Hi!

The cause for your fatigue could be due to, but not limited to, excessive blood loss from menstruation causing anemia in your body. One other possibility I see would be that the sedation brought about by your multi pharmacy of medicines may be stalking your energy. Your doctor would be the best person to judge a cause however.

bill