Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: I just want to feel good.

kabeebabee - Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:50 am

To start off ill give you a brief medical history. I'm 29 year old female. Have had hypertension, high cgolesterol and diabetes for almost 2 years, all under control with diet and medication. I weigh 235 lbs adn have weighed this amount for over a year now. Have tried to lose weight continuously but fail. Had a tubal ligation in 2000, c-section in 2000, and c-section 1998. My mother had triple bypass at age of 44.
For the past year i have been very fatigued, i cant sleep, i go to bed at a normal time but just lay there for hours trying to go to sleep, and when i do fall asleep, i wake up every half an hour. I have no energy at all, this is a big problem, it affects my life in every way. I also take effexor, in 1998 i started on prozac and have just about everythin gfor depression finally stopping at the effexor, which i have been on for about 2 years. It really helps with my anxiety, along with the depression. Doctor gave me klonipins to help with my anxiety in the evenings and to help me sleep, i don't really like taking the klonipins so i only take when i feel i really need it. I had 2 previous suicide attempts at age 19 and 20. I am not contemplating suicide, i have 2 children now and they aare my life. But, the depression is still there.
for about a year now my periods have become so unbearable, my dr gave me ultram for the pain. I cramp all through the month. I don't start at the same time every month, i cant time them, they just seem to come when they want. When i do start, i bleed alot, and cramp alot. my cycle lasts 7 days. I cramp every day and my heaviest bleeding is the first 2 and last 2 days usually, i often bleed through my clothes, i bleed big clots of blood. I have been to my doctor about this and hes done test after test, just had another thyroid test done and he saiid everything was normal. I am also constantly hot, hot to the touch and i can have my air on 65 degrees before im cold and everyone else is freezing. I sweat alot. This past month my face has been breaking out bad. I have never had a problem with acne.
My questions are, do u think my fatigue has something to do with my menstral cyle?
could i be perimenopausal with a tsh test being normal?
I just feel like ive done everythin, im tired of being tired. I fight to get out of bed in the morning.

I aslo have had alot of stress in the past year, 6 year old hospitalized with hip infection in feb. 2003 adn 4 year hit by truck in oct of 2003, adn having muscfle, tendon, and skins graphs being done on her foot. with more surgery to come. I havent worked since feb, 2003, so i also have the added stress of my bills adn supporting my children on my mind.

i could use some insight.

Thannks
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:10 pm

User avatar Hi!

The cause for your fatigue could be due to, but not limited to, excessive blood loss from menstruation causing anemia in your body. One other possibility I see would be that the sedation brought about by your multi pharmacy of medicines may be stalking your energy. Your doctor would be the best person to judge a cause however.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us