Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Cant drink fluids - feeling drowsy

cloud01y - Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:10 pm

Hi,

I have not been feeling well for quite some time now and i was woundering if you could prehaps know what may be wrong?
--------
I seam to be feeling very tired all the time, feel completely lazy and have very bad consentration, and cant sleep unless its after midnight.

I cant drink much, when i drink the area below my ribs instantly begin to hurt very badly and forces me to stop drinking more.
I seam to be going to the tiolet alot too(to pee) but when i do hardly anything comes out, even if i was feeling desprate.

also, these may be unrelated, but when i drink i always start to cough and bring up some katar(is that spelt right?) and i feel sick most of the time.
----------
I have been to the doctors before but she told me to ignore the pains, but i cant really.
I have had several blood tests but they said nothing apeared to be wrong in them :x

ty
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:56 pm

User avatar Hi!

How long have you been having these problems? Did you have your urinary problems discussed with your doctor?

bill
 cloud01y - Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:10 am

Hello,

I have been having this problems for about 4months (but i have been noticing iv been needing to goto the tiolet more often for about a year, as its gratudaly got worse)

I went to the doctors the otherweek and i told her about it, but she just looked at my old records and told me to ignore the pain. But the problem i used to have was something with my stomoch as i could not eat, but thats fine now and i can eat fine.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us