Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: Could SAD be linked to Prematue Ejac and "Pee-Shy-ness" ?

jason1025 - Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:56 am

This is a complex question but I hope someone can help. I am a 20 year old male. I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder last year by my doctor. I also last about 10 - 40 secs during sex (premature ejaculation) and I have a very hard time trying to urinate when I know other people are around. I would like to know if SAD could be linked to these problems?

I'm not on any medication currently. I tried Paxil and Zoloft (low doses for about 4 months) for my anxiety but neither of them worked. In fact, Paxil actually made me more nervous in social settings. I also found that the SSRI's helped me last during sex which was amazing for me except I couldn't reach an orgasm. The SSRI's made me feel kind of odd, like i was in a dream sometimes, so I stopped them.

I have two more drugs I had interesting findings with. I have tried Adderall before (just to see if it would help me in school more) and I noticed that I could urinate very easily standing up. I felt relaxed to pee. (Its easier for me to sit down to pee for some reason). I also noticed that my penis was actually in an even more flaccid state than usual while on Adderall. I also tried Tramadol (back pain I had awhile ago) and I noticed I could last during sex and I could sometimes reach orgasm, depending if I took one or two pills (i forget the dosage).

All of these problems began in my teenage years. Hope someone can help. Thanks!
 Dr. A. Madia - Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:42 am

User avatar Hi Jason,

paxil, Zoloft both are SSRI and are proven to work on Premature Ejaculation [PE]. If the dose is too high or if one takes it for a prolonged period one may not be able to orgasm. Zoloft if taken on as needed basis about 5 hrs before intercourse, it works okay and may not prevent orgasm.

Tramadol too is shown to work well in PE. 50 mg taken 2 hours before planned activity is what you need.

Adderol may work in SAD because it will increase the serotonin in your brain same as SSRI. About Adderol causing flaccid penis I am afraid I do not have any information.

here are some refernces for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16415702
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/premat ... DSECTION=8

Apurva