Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Could SAD be linked to Prematue Ejac and "Pee-Shy-ness" ?

jason1025 - Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:56 am

This is a complex question but I hope someone can help. I am a 20 year old male. I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder last year by my doctor. I also last about 10 - 40 secs during sex (premature ejaculation) and I have a very hard time trying to urinate when I know other people are around. I would like to know if SAD could be linked to these problems?

I'm not on any medication currently. I tried Paxil and Zoloft (low doses for about 4 months) for my anxiety but neither of them worked. In fact, Paxil actually made me more nervous in social settings. I also found that the SSRI's helped me last during sex which was amazing for me except I couldn't reach an orgasm. The SSRI's made me feel kind of odd, like i was in a dream sometimes, so I stopped them.

I have two more drugs I had interesting findings with. I have tried Adderall before (just to see if it would help me in school more) and I noticed that I could urinate very easily standing up. I felt relaxed to pee. (Its easier for me to sit down to pee for some reason). I also noticed that my penis was actually in an even more flaccid state than usual while on Adderall. I also tried Tramadol (back pain I had awhile ago) and I noticed I could last during sex and I could sometimes reach orgasm, depending if I took one or two pills (i forget the dosage).

All of these problems began in my teenage years. Hope someone can help. Thanks!
 Dr. A. Madia - Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:42 am

User avatar Hi Jason,

paxil, Zoloft both are SSRI and are proven to work on Premature Ejaculation [PE]. If the dose is too high or if one takes it for a prolonged period one may not be able to orgasm. Zoloft if taken on as needed basis about 5 hrs before intercourse, it works okay and may not prevent orgasm.

Tramadol too is shown to work well in PE. 50 mg taken 2 hours before planned activity is what you need.

Adderol may work in SAD because it will increase the serotonin in your brain same as SSRI. About Adderol causing flaccid penis I am afraid I do not have any information.

here are some refernces for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16415702
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/premat ... DSECTION=8

Apurva

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us