Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: medically trained for the depressed mind

music_cology123 - Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Hello, my name is andrew . i am wondering, what is thought of medical students with existing depression , maybe OCD. I am planning the academia world in the near future but i am concerned and know that i will be challenged when i am, and if it is good idea worthy...
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:31 pm

User avatar Hello Music_cology123,

It certainly my be challenging; however, medical school is challenging for everyone. There have been many physicians that have successfully completed medical school with diagnoses of depression and even OCD. It may be a bit more challenging but if you love medicine it will be well worth it. I would encourage you to go for it.

Medicine is an exhilarating field and I am constantly amazed at what I get to do everyday.