Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: ADD meds: what are the drug alternatives for Vyvanse?

stone1979 - Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Which drug and in what quantity is most like 70 mg of Vyvanse? Which drug and how many mg would be the best substitution for 70 mg of Vyvanse?
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Hello Stone1979,

The medication most like Vyvanse is probably Concerta. Vyvanse may still be effective for you since there are now more dosage amounts available. Since I do not know how long you have taken Vyvanse or the specific disorder for which you need it, I can't judge what dosage of Concerta would be most appropriate. In any case, you have to discuss it with your doctor in order to achieve any change in medications. He or she is your best resource for that. I'm sorry that I can't be more specific, but your doctor can be. Please discuss it with him/her.

I hope you find a satisfactory resolution.

Faye RN, MSW